Friday, June 4, 2010

Lasagna Chicken

This is my current favorite chicken dish.  The prep takes a little time, but is worth it!  Serve with steamed vegetables and a great roll or breadstick - my kids love it!  My recipe is very low fat and so I can have it whenever I want!

Lasagna Chicken

10 chicken breasts
1 15 oz. carton non-fat ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozarella cheese
Frozen, chopped spinach that is thawed 
(I buy a 10 oz. box and only use 1/4 of it - you can add more)
Classico Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce

Mix the three cheeses and egg together in a bowl.  Squeeze spinach in hand to drain 
excess liquid before adding to cheese mixture.  Set aside.

Pound chicken breasts with tenderizer mallot or bottom of a glass until about 1/2 inch thick.  I put the meat in between 2 pieces of Press and Seal Saran Wrap to keep the mess at bay.

Add a heaping spoonful (flatware tablespoon) of cheese mixture to middle of breast.  Fold in each side and secure with a wooden toothpick.





Place in glass or stone casserole dish.  Spoon spaghetti sauce onto top of each chicken roll.

Bake at 350oF for 60 minutes.  Drain juice from dish before serving.

1 comment:

  1. How have I not known about this blog? I LOVE it!!! Keep it up! I'm going to follow it and make and do everything you put on here!!! : ) You are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete