Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day Decorations


I don't have any Valentine's Day decorations.
New Beginnings just happened to be a red with white polka dot theme
and so the girls and I took an afternoon to do double duty - 
Valentine's decor that we could use for New Beginnings.

First, the one and only decoration - a heart wreath.
I added a new black and white ribbon and hung
it off-centered on the front door.  Love it!  
Love off-centered hearts!


Next....
Tall topiaries.
I bought white hydrangea balls, 2 dowels, 
and 4 white pots on clearance for $2 each.
I cut the dowels into 4 equal pieces, stuck 
each in styrofoam in the pot, painted them red,
stuck a hydrangea ball on top.


I then took apart a red rose ball.  I pulled each rose off and stuck it
into the hydrangea ball to create polka dots.  

I added a bow under the ball and bright green moss around the base 
and wahlah....

Next....
A low daisy topiary that sits on a glass vase.
I bought an 8" styrofoam ball, 30 silk gerber
daisies, about 10 small white silk flowers,
and I used more red roses from the red rose ball
and pieces of white hydrangea from a leftover
hydrangea ball.


I sat the ball on top of my vase, knowing that I wouldn't
 be covering any part of the ball that was inside 
the vase.  I cut the daisies leaving only one inch of 
stem under the flower and poked them into the 
ball covering it evenly.  
I filled in any gaps with the white flowers
 and white hydrangea creating a polka dot 
look and then filled in any leftover gaps 
with the small red roses.
To cover the uncovered ball in the vase, 
I wrapped the top of the vase with wide 
ribbon and tied a big bow.

Next....
Framed I Love You cards.

I bought an 8 x 10 frame, wrapped the glass in burlap,
and hot-glued I Love You notes on top of them.
The notes come from "Paper Source", one of my favorite
stores and say, "I love you" in about 40 languages.
I chose Chinese, English, Jordanian, Morse Code and
Text.


I <3 burlap!

       
Next....
Two easy things.
4 rose covered hearts in a glass jar.


Vinyl word "love" on a glass block with
a ribbon around it.


Here they are.
I have Valentine's decorations now
and New Beginnings was super cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment